Thursday, October 23, 2008

One of those days you laugh at life

I decided to fall on concrete today. Erin and I were walking through a neighborhood after getting coffee. At one point the sidewalk was uneven, and I stepped wrong and down I went. At first I thought I was going to cry, then I started laughing out of embarrassment. A lady, apparently, also walking in the neighborhood came over and said, "I saw the incident and wanted to make sure you were okay." I laughed even harder. I got up and thanked her for stopping by, and continued to laugh as we parted ways with her. Erin said, "Welcome to my world..." :P

Conversation with Andrew tonight:
Me: "yeah, I'm watching my nephew on Saturday. Not sure if you'd like him though because all he does is eats, squawks, points, and poops."
Andrew: "congratulations Becky, you just described a parakeet."
Me laughing...
Andrew: "And I do hope he becomes more complicated than that."

1 comment:

Ashley Ronnell said...

Haha... "the incident"... funny lady!