Sunday, October 5, 2008

Where has Becky been?

I think the last I left off is I house sat for the Ritzmann's. It was great. Spending time with the biggest, cutest black lab ever. What more can you ask for?

Irritation of that week: My car. I've had a leakage problem for about a month. I took it in to see what the heck it was. I was told the evaporator for the AC broke. The part itself costs about $100, but being that it's a labor intensive procedure, it cost about $1700. You gotta love cars. So, I had my mom's car for a few days. She has a toyota forerunner. As apposed to my ford focus, I felt rather powerful. People stayed out of my way. :) It was nice.

Work: This past week, my supervisor was on vacation, so I was in charge. It was great. I got several calls from Donna, Kent center's supervisor. She was checking up on me, making sure I was doing alright. I was cute. :) "If you need anything don't be afraid to call. Here's my cell phone #..." "You're doing a good job. Carol loves you!" Beka, the educational advisor... I had call her, because someone wanted to add another day and I was unsure if I was allowed to work the schedule. She said, "Becky, that's your job. You're doing just fine." Haha. Keith came in on Thursday to go through the binders with me, and he said pretty much confirmed all these validations. It's nice to know that I'm doing my job right. Especially since I love it. :)

Other work: You all know, I am now a Disney Castmember (sales associate). I'M SO EXCITED! Holy cow. I've been wanting to be one, again, for about 2 years now. The funny story about this... I was still in there computer system as working at the northgate location. Northgate is closed and had closed when I last work there. One would think they would close out my file when the store closed. I guess not. So it's been a waiting process of when I'm going to start. It'll hopefully be Monday or Tuesday of this week.

Church: Is awesome. I've joined Connects, the young adult group. The main thing is the Bible study on Sunday mornings. They also have a couple different activities throughout the month... last night a movie night. We watch National Treasure 2. Great movie. The latest thing is I'm going to join a small group (core) on Wednesday nights. Were going to be studing Joshua. I'm excited because I haven't studied the OT too much.

There's a few other things that, when I get the chance, I'll write about. It's been a long week and I'm tired, so I'll have to get back to you on them. But a preview:
1. I have a (live) bunny named Jonah. I may be allergic too him though...
2. Hard decisions and Obedience to God.
3. And of course, there's the updates on all the above.
~ I'm sure there are more... They will come to me later.

1 comment:

DieNVie said...

You got a bunny?!?

I'm personally thinking that I need a cat... Maine Coon to be exact, but that would be fun to talk Andrew into after our previous experience of trying to take care of a furry creature...