Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My 4th of July weekend

My weekend was great.

The 4th, I spent most of the day with Jen. I went over early to help bake an apple pie. Despite the crust dough being irritating because it was not doing what we wanted it to do, the pie turned out excellent. After around of yatzee, and an episode of Monk and Remember Wenn, the rest of the group came over... about 5pm. We all had dinner, played apples to apples, and watch about 5 firework shows going on around Jen's neighborhood. It was great. One of the best 4th of Julys I've had.

Saturday I went to a family BBQ. It was at my sister's parents-in-laws, who are very nice people. They had burgers, salmon, several types of salads, bake beans... all very yummy. They also had berry cheesecake and caramel apple pie. Oh, I was in heaven. While my mother was somewhat irritating, it was good to see my parents. My nephew is the greatest kid ever. He like to play peek-a-boo. It's so great when he cracks up laughing. My favorite part, though, was the golden retriever they had. It brought back memories of the one we used to have. :)

Sunday was church and then a Mariners game with Jen. It was a great game, even though we lost. 15 innings of fun! There was even a 14th inning stretch. LOL. Of course, the best part was hanging out with a great friend. After the game, we went back to Jen's house. Had a bratwurst... so much better than hot dogs. Then we introduced her family to apples to apples. Just to warn you all... if you play against a family you are not apart of, especially if they are close, you might loss miserably. I still had fun though.

I hope you all had a great weekend too!

3 comments:

niferjen said...

LOL! Yeah, playing group games agianst families is next to impossible... remember Jen Bach's? I remember trying to describe "Revolutions" and getting blank stares in return. LOL!!!

I'm glad you still had fun though!
My dad commented a couple of times on the way to work how much he liked it.
J

Ashley Ronnell said...

14TH inning stretch! Hahaha...

VanillaRose said...

Jen - We should play it again! I'm willing too... I just need to get to know your family more. :)

Ash - I was amused too. :)