Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2 in one week

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been pretty busy. Let see, there's been: work, monk night, interviews, more work, church, bridal shower, appointments, more work, wedding, driving to my parents, movie night, driving back to Seattle, going away party, more work, and hanging out with friends... I think that about covers the past two weeks.

Couple things to highlight.

~ I love work. It's so rewarding to be involved helping children advance in their education. I help kids learn how to read, which is really encouraging to me because I've always struggled with reading. My favorite is helping kids with Math. I've actually had to brush up on some skills though. I'm learning to gage whether a child needs to go up or down a level in a specific skill, or if they need extra help. I'm feeling more comfortable and my supervisor seems to be pretty happy with me... because she tells me. :) Anyway, tutoring is not for everyone, but I love it.

~ A good friend and old roommate got married this past weekend (wow that seems so long ago...). She met her husband online, who is from Australia, and they are now currently living in Australia. They plan to come to the states in the future, but don't know the time frame.

~ Lastly, I have two sets of friends moving away this week. One set left today... very good friends of mine. Out of all my friends that I've had to say goodbye to, they were the hardest. I'm handing it better than I thought, though. It helps to remember that I'm very happy for them and their new adventure.
Second set, I've only became friends with the this past year. That doesn't make it any less hard, though. This family is very giving and willing to help out anyone who needs it. We were at a mutual friends house and I started having an asthma attack. Jackie busted out her nebulizer and told me to use it. Yeah, I'll miss them too.

We'll that's it for now. I need to head off to bed because I work tomorrow... though I don't think I have any students. Sad.

No comments: