Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Anxiety

So, I've let anxiety get the best of me lately. Here's how it goes... I wake up in the morning with this big knot in my stomach. It takes every ounce of me to get out of bed and tackle the day. The reason of this is because I know that I have to do something in the way of job searching. As known, this is something I have great anxiety over. I have the tendency of "predicting" the future, which often isn't true. I get anxious over the interview, over accepting a job, over making it to work on time, over getting along with my co-workers, over succeeding at the job at hand... you get the picture. On thing that I'm being told and have to constantly remind myself is to "live in the moment". I'll cross those bridges when they come up. Being told this help... a lot, but it the telling myself over and over again that's the hard part. I fail at it, actually.

One thing that has come up is at interview for a staffing agency, Pace Staffing. They wanted me to do this skills survey, asking questions such as "Is lying acceptable? Agree or disagree?" (Erin had a good one, but I can't remember what it is...) Anyway, given your answers, they broke it up into different categories... trustworthy, assertive, etc. I don't remember what they were, but what I do know is I score low to below average on most of them. This can not be good. They're not going to want to sent me out to work with their clients. Ug, why do we have to take those stupid tests?

No comments: