Friday, June 27, 2008

I feel awkward social situations. Part of that is I'm not a very good conversationalist. The other part is I just don't know how to put myself out there.

I was at Gianna's birthday party tonight. She just turned one! It was a lot of fun. Bunch of friends there I got to see that I only see like once a year. This part was fun... I'm usually okay in big groups, because there are other people around to lead the conversation. Ha. The part that was awkward for me was as people were getting ready to leave, there was talk of people going to see a movie. One of my friends was on the fence of whether to go, but decided not too. I was interested in going, but with out my friend I would have been the only girl with 2 married men and a single guy... none of which I actually hung out with besides a large group setting. This may not seem that big of a deal... though none of them asked if I wanted to go and I didn't want to just invite myself to go. I'm horrible with these things.

---

I'm starting to feel better, finally. It was nice to get a full night sleep last night. Hopefully, I'll be close to normal by Monday.

4 comments:

Mattithyahu said...

Oh Becky! You should have come! You know us, we are always just doing whatever. I thought you were coming to the movie and then went out to help Barb move her car and then you weren't there. You should just speak up. :)

VanillaRose said...

Haha, Wow, I feel like a jerk. lol. I'll hang around next time, for sure. Hopefully there is a next time. :) I'd like more friends to hang out with, anyway. Haha.

Mattithyahu said...

Haha, NOOOO don't feel like a jerk, just feel like you should be welcome to do whatever. Our social settings are usually pretty flexible.

VanillaRose said...

Thanks Matt. :)

Not sure if this'll happen, but if there's ever a group going to see Wall-e, let me know. I love that movie. :)