Monday, August 4, 2008

August

August seems to be a lonely month for the beckster. I have 4 friends moving away this month (two of them are married to each other). Another friend escaped to Yakima for the month. And, I have a friend who is in Beijing, China for the start of the Olympics for the first couple weeks of August... how dare she? :P Most of my other friends are out of town or out of state. So, I need to make some more friends. I've finally found a church that I'm happy with, thanks to Jen. :) I'm hoping to get involved in there singles group and possible join a small bible study. There's a group going to the Jars of Clay concert on August 24th, so maybe I'll end up going to that. I'm excited about this. I hope God helps me to be strong to do this.

So, I wanted to go watch the Blue Angels this weekend. I didn't want to go alone, but I couldn't figure out who I could ask to go with. I saw them with Marcie a couple years ago and thought they were absolutely amazing. Maybe next year...

This last Sunday was awesome. Jen is out of the country, so I got in touch with her sister, Meggan, for us to sit together at church. After church, Meggan asked me, "So you coming over?" I could be wrong, but it felt like the question was asked as if it was assumed I was coming over... which isn't that surprising given the fact that I've been coming over on Sundays since I started attending Jen's church. I just REALLY hate assuming things. Anyway, Meggan and I played Phase 10 and Trouble. She's trying to teach me how to be ruthless when it comes to game playing. It might actually turn out to be a life lesson... We also played Backgammon. She was less competitive with me on this game, since it was only my second time playing. I think I'm starting to catch on. After lunch, we headed to the neighborhood pool to sit out in the sun and watch there oldest sister and her family swim. They have a 2 and 3 year old who are very, very cute. :)

So, that was my Sunday. I'll update on my morning in another post... lets just say I had a Becky moment. Ha.

1 comment:

niferjen said...

I'm glad you're loving C-Hills!

And I'm really glad that we're getting to know each other better!

(And it's cool that you're watching WENN with us too! :)

J