Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kid and more Kids

This weekend was very fun. I went to the parents again. My intention was to help a friend pack and clean her house. That plan was changed when my sister decided that her and her family were going to spend the night at our parents house. I was sad that I didn't get to see my friends off, but it was fun seeing Gavyn. He's very busy, being 18months old. He's also very loud... haha. My mom said that we were just as busy, but we weren't as loud. IMO, my sister lets him get away with more than he should... but I'm not a parent, nor have I ever been a parent.

To above is a picture of my nephew. He's pretty much the cutest baby I've ever met. Though there are a few who fall close to second. He is sticking out his tough. :P And his shirt says, "I get my good looks from my dad".

After they left, I went over to my friend Amy's house. Her house was very fun and busy. Firstly, about my friend Amy. She has cerebral palsy. It's severe to the point where she is confined to a wheel chair and is unable to use her arms and legs. However, she's mentally alert (she's on her way to writing her own novel) and is able to communicate to people who know her well. I can ask her yes or no questions, and she can say "eye" for yes, and "o" for no. There's things she can do with her mouth to indicate whether she's hungry or thirsty. She also uses her head to point where she wants to... there are various other things she does to help her communicate. I've known Amy since her and I were 6 or 7, and IMO, I've always been a loyal friend to her. As you might imagine, she was made fun of a lot. She also struggled with people thinking and calling stupid, retarded, etc. I have never thought such things, and I've even stood up for her in many instances. Here's a picture of her. I think she is very beautiful.

Anyway, her house was fun. Amy's sister was visiting from Wenatchee with her husband and 5 children. Yes, 5. They are named Jen and Scott, and their children: Nolan 9, Emma 7, Mia 5, Titus 3, and Nadia, turning 1 in 9 days. Jen and Scott are awesome. They want me to come visit them. Nolan is... well 9. Doing 9 year old boy things. Computers, etc. Good kid. Emma's a good kid too. Didn't get to spend much time with her though. Mia was hilarious. She would quiz me on stuff. "What were her parent's names? What were all the kid's names? How old where they?... How did I know all of it!? Did I hold so-in-so when they were a baby? Did I hold Nadia... when not 5 mins before she asked, I was holding her..." Yes, she was fun. :) Titus was also fun. He had a race car that if you shook it up then put it on the floor, it was race across the floor. We played that game for probably a half an hour. He would repeat himself a lot. He's cute. :) And Nadia. She's so cute. (Not as cute as Gavyn :P) She's crawling, but not very fast. Barely standing. Pretty verbal. Yeah, very cute. :)

Monday, I was invited to go with the whole family to Port Townsand. There we ate lunch, walked around the small town, browsing in and out of shops. Then, Nolan, Emma and Mia went to the beach with Scott, while Amy, Mrs T, Mr T, Jen, Nadia, Titus and I stayed back at one of the play areas and watched Titus play around while us girl chatted it up. Mr T was being a good citizen and picked up trash. We headed back to their house... Played around, ate dinner, and assist Amy on the computer, until I decided I should leave to go back to Seattle... I had an appointment at 11am on Tuesday.

To make this post even longer, I'm going to tell you a little bit about Mr T, Amy's dad. He's pretty awesome. Pretty much every time I come over, I get a car wash. This time... see I've been missing a hub cap (front passenger side) for about 2 years now. He's been telling me to tell my dad to get one for me. I've told my dad many times, but he's always forgotten. I love my dad. :) Anyway, Mr. T, apparently getting more frustrated about it than I, just ups and buys one for me. Didn't tell me about it. Just puts it on for me to find... whenever... which was when I got back to Seattle. He also checked my oil and made sure all my lights were working. A personal mechanic? I think he does all these random acts of kindness in appreciation to me for being such a good friend to Amy.

I have other news, but it'll have to wait until another post. :)

3 comments:

Ashley Ronnell said...

Wow your nephew is KEY-UTE! Look at those eyes!

VanillaRose said...

The Miller eyes! :)

Ashley Ronnell said...

Can we hear the other news now?