Monday, September 8, 2008

News

First a quote by my mom, "My eyes are bigger when I'm skinnier."

My news... At work, I guess we could say, I was promoted. I'm now considered the "Lead tutor" at the center I work at. This means I'll get to do more stuff... write prescriptions (the student's track for our program), be able to answer questions rather than deferring them to Carol (my supervisor) or Beka (an important person... does a lot of PR), writing and tweaking the schedule... and the main thing, at the beginning of Oct, the center will be mine for a week because Carol will be out of town. I'm excited. :) We'll see if this power stick, because Keith (the owner of Knowledge Points, my boss, my friend... Andrew Ritzmann's daddy) wants me to work on site at First Place (a school in south Seattle). Though, Carol wants me to stay at the center. They are fighting over me. :) If I have a say in it, I want to stay at the center because I have a couple students that I'm working with that I don't want to give up.

Work is pretty much wonderful.

I get to house sit for the Ritzmann's (yes, my boss and his wife) on Sept 22nd through 24th. I get to spend a couple of days with the biggest, adorable-est black lab ever. Apparently, he's still adjusting to Denise and Andrew being gone... so am I. We can adjust together. :) Being at the Ritzmann's house will make my commute to work easier. Take off about a half an hour. The commute gets old after a while. Though with that said... I will not be moving to Renton, for another 10 months anyway.

My next update will be about my birthday week.

4 comments:

erin said...

i'm so happy that you're liking your work. i love it.

DieNVie said...

Scratch Rocky good for me. He's not the only one adjusting to me being gone... I miss everyone in Seattle... :(

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yeah work! That's awesome Beckydoodle!

VanillaRose said...

and it gets better. :) Don't worry, I'll post about it when I have time.