Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My sister's brilliant plan...

My sister called me the other day. Her first line was, "Brent has your life all figured out!" Oh, does he now. See they live in south tacoma and my sister commutes to Renton everyday for work, which is at least, a half an hour. I guess this is getting to be too much for her, so their solution is: "I move down to Renton. Rent a two bedroom apartment. Rent out the second bedroom to her and Gavyn so they can stay there during the week and they would go home on the weekends." My sister is really pushing for this... she's sending me apartment ads and telling me I could get a job at Gavyn's daycare... there are 15 positions open, apparently.

Sigh... help?

3 comments:

niferjen said...

Tell her "no thanks, that's not what I would like to do". or something like that. Don't let anyone tell you you must do something that you don't have to do. Looks to me like they just want a live-in babysitter.

Ashley Ronnell said...

The real question is... how does a daycare even operate when it is short FIFTEEN staff?

VanillaRose said...

Live in babysister... yeah and more so, what is the most convenient for HER, nevermind my needs and my life. Yes, it'd make her commute easier, her life less stressful, she'd get more sleep...and yes, she'd have more help with Gavyn. The only thoughts of benefits to me are: I'd get more sister time, more Gavyn time, and IF I get a job at his daycare, I'd be closer to work. I wouldn't be able to have my friends over during the week. My sister claims that it would me MY apartment... but living with a toddler, it would hardly be my apartment. I'd spend the weekends cleaning up after him for him to come back on Monday to mess it up again. So the question that comes up is "what about me?". My dad said that my sister didn't realized or anticipate how hard parenting was going to be.

Sorry for the rant...

Good point Ashley. :) Maybe I DON'T want to work there. Haha.